Saturday, September 10, 2011

My name is Branden and I am additced to Metallic Shoes...

Okay, so I know that the metallic movement is nothing new to the fashion community. Also, I am sure by some standards it is a trend that has come and gone but for me it will always be in style. There is just something I love about the shine it give off and the way it catches passers by's eye's. With that being said, there is nothing like a pair of shiny shoes to send my endorphin levels threw the roof! I dont even have to like a pair of shoes to buy them, as long as they are made of some sort of shinny leather or canvas. For example, I recently bought a pair of gold Keds and a few days after buying them and wearing them around I decided I hate them. Not only because they give me brutal blisters on the backs of my heels but because they make my feet look like the flippers of some sort of aquatic animal. Now that I am thinking about it they have a look, very similar to gold water shoes. Although I only see myself wearing these shoes outside to get the mail or now, perhaps to the pool come next summer I do not plan of returning them. Had they have been classic, tan, Keds, however they would have been back on the Next boutique shelves next-day. Another example of this metallic favoritism are the sequins Ugg Boots.  I dont want anyone reading this to think that I am a fan of the Ugg Boot, or that I think they are social acceptably to be worn anywhere other then to shovel snow from your driveway but when I saw these boots I literally felt my temperature rise. You know that feeling when you see someone for the first time and you some how know that this is the person you are going to marry, but once you get to know them you can not stand to be around them? That is how I feel about these boots. I can see myself, sometime in the near furniture battling a case of insomnia. When all of a sudden, thoughts of these boots will flood my mind. I will forget all about my upcoming phone bill that needs to be paid and vigorously type in "Uggs Australia" into my Google search bar.
  Before I know it $170.00 will be missing from my checking account and in 5 to 7 business days I will have a pair of shiny, imported boots on my door step that I will never wear. One last obsession that I am struggling with at the moment are the Metallic combat boots shown above. I dont see anything wrong with the combat boot, and after all it is one of the biggest trends of the moment but really, why do I need a pair of gold boots? I know I will wear them but my mind always goes back the question "Do you really need them?" After writing that last sentence I have decided the answer is yes and I will be ordering them after I revise this post. I have been told over and over by friends, co workers, and class mates that my love for metallic shoe is "To much" and "Extra" but for me every outfit looks better with a little shine south of your ankles.

No comments:

Post a Comment