Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Lagerfeld for Macys!

Its been announced by Macy's that my personal style god, Karl Lagerfeld has collaborated with the brand Impulse for their next limited edition collection. This limited edition collection will have pieces with the same signature look as the legendary designers other collections for other big name luxury brands at a radically lower price ($50.00 - $170.00). The collection will be sold excursively at 230 Macy's stores and online at macys.com starting August 31st.
When asked why he agreed to work with Macy's he said "To me Macy's is the perfect department store in the United States where everybody can find what they're looking for without ruining their budget." and even though I do agree with this, in my merchandising mind I feel he is cheapening his brand as a luxury apparel designer and will definitely be pissing off his target market with this low priced line. As far as my normal, college student mind in concerned however, I could not be more stoked for this line! As a guy who wears almost exclusively woman's clothing I am sure I will be buying as many pieces from this collection as I can pull off and I can not wait until August 31st !

No comments:

Post a Comment