Sunday, July 31, 2011

Trend Alert !

Lady Gaga. 2010. Mtv music awards.
Lately every blog I read or magazine I flip threw I see these very pointy, claw like nails. Of course me being the weirdo that I am I LOVED them from the start, but no one else seems to feel the same way. The look was first started by girls who are part of the Kawaii street style of japan. It then started popping up in European couture fashion shows a few fall seasons ago in a very toned down, chicer style and is now being worn by American celebrities like Gaga, Rihanna and Fergie. This rising nail trend has adopted the name of "Stiletto manicures" and can be done with any acrylic nail. That is, if your manicurist knows how to shape the nail into the pointed shape.
Aldo Accessories ad. 2010
 Weather you love it or not I have a feeling it is going to be a  trend that we see a lot more of. Even if the average girl doesn't have the courage to rock these feline like nails we can all still live vicariously threw the more courageous, like       Rihanna and Gaga.

No comments:

Post a Comment